Referring to the quality of the service provision:
To achieve these objectives, Hornwell Members and Partner Members undertake on their honor, to observe, in accordance with national and international laws in force, the following provisions in respect of the provision of services, which are regarded as minimum provisions.
A. Hornwell General Provisions
1. Act exclusively in possession of a written contract or designation in accordance with the law.
2. Act in accordance with the laws in force and with the clauses of the contract specifying its mission as well as the rights and obligations of the parties involved.
3. In the event of a conflict between the parties, demonstrate professional discretion and act in compliance with ethics and impartiality.
4. To not accept any remuneration or personal benefit, in any form, other than that conventionally fixed.
5. To not receive any hidden benefit from a transaction.
6. To not act for two parties without the principal having agreed to it.
7. Commit to taking out professional civil liability insurance cover and to financially secure funds held on behalf of third parties, in accordance with national legal provisions in the state in which the member operates.
8. Submit to jurisdictional bodies of professional associations.
B. Obligations in respect of Hornwell clients
1. Promptly and professionally complete the task entrusted by the client.
2. Diligently manage matters entrusted to them with the utmost confidentiality.
3. Properly and objectivity offer the client the most appropriate solutions.
4. Protect the client from any practice that is contrary to the national legal and regulatory provisions in the country where the member operates.
5. Never resort, as an estate agent, to options, whether they are marketable or not.
6. Fulfill the duty to advise by presenting all the information that the client needs.
In addition, the estate agent should:
1. Scrupulously respect international provisions relating to money laundering.
2. Strictly adhere to the International code of conduct in the field of e-commerce.
3. Apply, as far as possible, and comply with the provisions of the decisions, opinions, recommendations and national and international guidelines relating to the real estate sector.
4. Exercise continuous and actual control over the work of the natural or legal person/s that is/are an integral part of the estate agency.
5. Refuse any task assigned when the content and/or the execution would be detrimental to the reputation and interests of the profession.
6. Be sure to remove any practice from its organization which may harm the client or the integrity of the profession.
C. Support Hornwell's quality standards
1. Use the proper technological means of communication and business management in order to keep clients quickly informed of the state of progression of any negotiations under way.
2. Have professional, up-to-date documentation and enable access it by the most appropriate technical means.
3. Have a sophisticated search service and competent and experienced staff.
4. Receive suitable on-going training.